3 Things to Do When Comparing Car Insurance Rates
Have you recently gotten a new car? Or perhaps you’re just doing your annual auto insurance shopping. Either way you want to make sure you’re getting the most for your money!
Allstate is back with another article on three things to do when comparing car insurance rates. If you’re not sure where to start in your search for the perfect auto insurance policy – then let us help you.
- Set Similar Deductibles
Car insurance coverages (for example: collision and comprehensive coverage) typically have a deductible that can be adjusted.
When looking at different auto insurance rates, it’s important to take note of the deductibles as they should be the same for each quote so you can make an accurate comparison when shopping around.
- Set Appropriate Liability Limits
It’s recommended because liability auto insurance coverage helps pay for car repairs and medical bills of the other driver in case if you are found liable for that accident. It’s important to raise that minimum liability in case of any accident that could exceed your limit; you don’t want to have to pay out of pocket for additional costs.
Another important thing to look out for, according to Allstate, is to “make sure the limits you set for bodily injury liability coverage and property damage liability coverage are the same for every quote you compare.”
- Choose the Same Coverages
It’s important to compare accurately and know which coverage options you want included in your quotes when shopping around.
Below are some required, required in some states, and non-mandatory coverage options from Allstate to take note of when shopping around.
- Liability coverage: May help pay for another person's property damage or medical bills if you cause an accident. Read more >
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage: May help protect you against damages caused by a driver without insurance or not enough insurance. Read more >
- Medical payments coverage: May help pay for medical expenses if you or your passengers are injured in a car accident. Read more >
- Personal injury protection (not available in all states): May help pay for hospital bills, lost income and even child-care services if you're injured in a car accident. Read more >
- Comprehensive coverage: May help pay for damage to your car not caused by a collision. Coverage may include theft, vandalism or damaged caused by animals. If you're leasing or paying off your car, your lender may require you to have comprehensive coverage. Read more >
- Collision coverage: May help pay to repair your car if it's been damaged or destroyed in a collision with another vehicle or object such as a fence. If you're leasing or paying off your car, your lender may require you to have collision coverage. Read more >
- Rental reimbursement coverage: May help pay for a rental car while your car is being repaired after a covered loss. Read more >
- Towing and labor cost coverage: May help cover services if your car breaks down. Coverage may include jump starts, fixing flat tires or towing. Read more >”
If you’re looking for the perfect auto insurance plan that suits your needs, be sure to speak with one of our knowledgeable agents at (661) 728-1455 to make sure you, your family, any other potential drivers, and your car are protected.
Why Choose Cullen?
At Cullen Insurance Agency, our goal is to help you protect all of your important assets.
Give us 5 minutes of your time to save you money and protect your assets.Get A FREE Quote