5 Safe Driving Tips
Whether you're just learning to drive or you've been behind the wheel for decades, it's a good idea to review some basic rules for safe driving.
5. Watch Out For Other Drivers (Defensive Driving) - As if it isn't difficult enough to focus on the road, you should also be aware of other drivers around you. It could be someone swerving in and out of lanes or someone not paying attention to the road (I witnessed a person reading a newspaper while driving on my way to work this morning).
4. Avoid Distractions - WIth all of the new technology out now everyone seems to have to answer text and phone calls 24/7. When it comes to your safety and the safety of others you should make the responsible descision to wait until you are off the road and parked before you respond to a call or text or invest in a wireless device such as a bluetooth ear piece to be used while driving.
3. Don't Speed - Take your time in your daily commute. Going that extra 10 mph is only really saving you a couple of minutes and could cause you to not only get an expensive ticket and a rate increase on your auto insurance, but you are also putting yourself and others in danger of a potential accident that could have been avoided.
2. Don't Drive Drowsy - Driving while tired is in most cases just like driving while intoxicated. There is not a law that prevents you from driving while sleepy, however the damage you can cause to yourself and others is not worth taking that chance. I would take the same route as if you were intoxicated and have someone else drive.
1. Don't Drink and Drive - This one is self explanatory. We've all seen the commercials and heard stories of the damage that can be done by drinking and driving. There is no reason to drive while intoxicated. Be responsible and have a designated driver, call a cab or a friend to pick you up or stay put and drive the next day.
Why Choose Cullen?
At Cullen Insurance Agency, our goal is to help you protect all of your important assets.
Give us 5 minutes of your time to save you money and protect your assets.Get A FREE Quote