No one wants to get involved in an accident even if you are covered by a car insurance. However, since accidents can’t be predicted, it may be inevitable that if and when it happens, you will need to make a claim on your policy’s coverage.
Here are a few tips on making a claim:
1. Never drive away from an auto accident, especially if a person or an animal is hurt, injured or property is damaged.
2. Get the names, contact numbers, vehicle information and insurance information of all parties involved in the accident. The insurance company will need this information in order to process your claim.
3. If possible, show exact boundaries where the accident took place and road or traffic signs in the area.
4. Have your Proof of Auto Insurance card ready so that you can show it to the police or the other parties involved.
5. Report the accident to the insurance company at once even if you do not intend to file a claim.
Hopefully these tips come in handy if you are ever involved in an auto accident.